Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A New Chapter...

Today I started my first day at my new job! It went really well! I am working at a very well known salon in New York called Blow. Their website is www.blowny.com if anyone wants to check it out! They are a 'blow dry bar', meaning that they specialize in blow dry styling. They have been featured in several national magazines: Allure, Vogue, Self, New York Times, etc... for their styling and product line. Most of their clients come in regularly to have their hair shampooed and styled out, either for a special event, or just for everyday life. I am very very excited about the opportunity I have to work at this salon. I will have the chance to learn some very awesome NYC hair techniques here. Even stylists who have worked in the city for years don't know how to do blow-outs the way Blow salon does them, so I will definitely get to learn some killer stuff! I will also get the chance to do cuts and coloring after I get down the styling methods. I really like everyone I work with also. They have all been very friendly and helpful. I'm hoping I'll be able to make some good friends there. One thing is for sure though, they won't be able to take the place of all my Style Room girls!
It's finally starting to get pretty freakin' cold here! I really am hoping we get our first snow at Christmas, it would be awesome if we had a white Christmas for our first NYC Christmas!
Hugs and Kisses :)

1 comment: